Be a Part of the National Effort to Reduce Prescription Drug Abuse. Bring your unused or expired medication for FREE and anonymous safe disposal.
Studies show that youth can begin a lifetime of drug addiction by simply opening the home medicine cabinet. Dropping off your unused medication can lower the risk of substance abuse in the community and protect the environment from potential hazards to the water supply.
What is collected?
- Prescription Medicines (pills, capsules, inhalers, ointments, and/or patches)
- Over-the counter medicines (pills, capsules, ointments, vitamins)
- Pet medications
- Sample medications
- Liquid medicines (must be in glass or leak proof container)
What is NOT collected?
- Syringes (sharps/needles) [Free disposal @ Manet Community Health, 110 W. Squantum St. OR ($7-$15 fee charge) @Quincy Health Dept.]
For your privacy you need to:
- Bring the medicine in its original bottle with your name/numbers blacked out
- OR, place medicine in a zip-lock clear, disposal bag
Collection event is made possible by:
The City of Quincy: Health, Police, and Public Works Departments
Impact Quincy a program of Bay State Community Services
With support from: The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the SAMHSA Support Program Grants